Junior Sous Chef | Denver, CO
Junior Sous Chef | Denver, CO
We are a high-growth team seeking a dedicated individual to work alongside our Head Chef and Sous Chef in our commercial kitchen (located near downtown Denver). We are looking for someone who is self-motivated with strong culinary skills and keen attention to detail. This individual would be responsible for consistently executing meal prep projects with precision and excellence, as well as following recipes and taking direction from kitchen leadership. In this position, you will act as the third in command in our kitchen, following and enforcing our Head Chef’s and Sous Chef's requirements and guidelines. Our ideal candidate is a creative professional who is willing to participate in cultivating a positive and efficient kitchen environment.
An ideal candidate would be someone with previous experience in a high-volume catering business or plant-based restaurant. The ability to season, adjust and consistently execute recipes is key to this position. You must be able to execute menu items quickly and precisely, as we deliver/ship hundreds of meals each week.
We are looking for a Junior Sous Chef who shares our passion for health and well-being. Our menu is backed by cutting-edge nutrition science and traditional healing wisdom, and as a company – our goal is to disprove common assumptions and myths surrounding plant-based lifestyles. Ideally, our new hire is passionate about plant-based cuisine and understands its nutritional benefits. Our current production days are Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Complimentary meals on location. We believe that food is medicine, so our high-quality, organic, plant-rich meals are designed to heal from the inside out.
- Equity options in the company
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Assist with the preparation and planning of meal programs
- Carefully follow and uphold our high recipe standards
- Adhere to and implement sanitation regulations and safety regulations.
- Maintain high standards of sanitation and vegetable washing procedures
- Act with professionalism, respect, integrity, teamwork, excellence, and continuous improvement at all times
- Have clear communication with Head Chef and Sous Chef regarding any issues that may arise
- Maintain a positive reputation and relationships with guests, the service industry, our neighborhood, and community.
Desired Skill Set and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar chef role, especially high-volume catering-style businesses – plant-based cooking experience is a plus!
- Strong knowledge of cooking methods, kitchen equipment, and best practices.
- Good time management – if you've worked in a high-volume production position in the past (such as catering) and enjoyed the thrill, then this position is for you.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to not only give feedback but also receive it and self-recognize areas for growth
- Desire to learn more about plant-based cooking and flavor profiling.
- Contagiously positive and friendly with a “can-do” attitude, high energy level, and diligent work ethic
- Goal-oriented, accountable and completes tasks on-time
- Open availability on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays – we work daytime hours
- Understanding of nutrition and passion for clean eating also strongly preferred
Please email us the following, as well as anything else you think could help you convey your awesomeness:
- Cover letter
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift