Important YAYE Announcement
Thursday, January 11th, 2023
Dear YAYE Community,
It is with a mix of emotions and a heavy heart that we share the news of the closure of YAYE Organics.
In September 2023, YAYE joined the SupperBell umbrella with the aim of finding a sustainable path to profitability by combining resources and growing sales of the two brands. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, the economic challenges associated with inflation, including rising food, labor, and fuel costs, have rendered our current business model unsustainable.
This decision by SupperBell ownership has not been made lightly, and we want to express our deepest gratitude to our beloved community for your unwavering support over the past few years.
YAYE has been a labor of love, and we are incredibly proud of the milestones we achieved together.
In our nearly four years of operation, we accomplished remarkable feats, including:
- Opening a cafe in February 2020, adapting swiftly to the challenges posed by the pandemic and successfully pivoting into a meal delivery service
- Opening a pop-up cafe on Larimer Square in the fall of 2020
- Connecting with our community at the Boulder and Cherry Creek Farmer's Markets, as well as various other events
- Establishing a shipping program and pick-up partnerships with valued partners like Modern Market and Whole Sol
- Catering for some incredible organizations and some of our favorite bands, including Goose, Lettuce and Pretty Lights
- Collaborating with The Conscious Cleanse to offer two-week cleanse programs and meals throughout the year
- Expanding our presence in local grocery stores, including Natural Grocers, Leevers Locavore, Lucky's Market, Clark's Market, and more
- Co-creating the "Green Step Collective" and organizing events to promote sustainability
- Achieving B Corp certification, marking a significant milestone in our commitment to ethical business practices
Most importantly, we’ve taken immense pride in educating (and nourishing) our friends, families, and community on the transformative power of Food as Medicine.
While we are saddened to bid farewell, we encourage you to continue supporting local businesses in Denver that share our commitment to health and wellness.
Denver has witnessed the closure of several plant-based/healthy food businesses recently, underscoring the importance of the "You Are what You Eat" movement in our community.
We hope to serve you again in the future and continue helping you “heal from the inside out” if it’s possible for us to resume operations in the future.
So long for now. <3