YA•YE is an organic + plant-based cafe and meal delivery service offering the cleanest, highest quality 3 and 6 day meal packages on the planet.
We're a mission and values driven company seeking passionate, hardworking, and honest team members. If you think you'd be a good culture fit and are interested in joining our YA•YE family, please email us. We look forward to connecting with you!
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
We are a high-growth team seeking a dedicated individual to work alongside kitchen management in our production kitchen (located near Old Town Arvada). We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and has a keen attention to detail. This individual would primarily be responsible for consistently executing our plant-based sauces and dressings as we grow into retail sales and expand our meal delivery program. In this position, you will act as the second in command in our kitchen, following and enforcing our Head Chef’s requirements and guidelines. Our ideal candidate is a creative professional who is willing to participate in creating delicious seasonal menus and meal designs.
• $35,000 - $40,000 (depending on experience)
• Complimentary lunches on location. We believe that food is medicine, so our high quality, organic, plant-rich meals are designed to heal from the inside out.
- Assist with the preparation and planning of meal programs
- Carefully follow and uphold our high recipe standards
- Ensure that kitchen activities operate in a timely manner.
- Monitor and record inventory, and if necessary, order new supplies.
- Provide support to junior kitchen employees with various tasks including food preparation and plating.
- Help train new kitchen employees to meet restaurant and kitchen standards.
- Create schedules for kitchen employees and evaluate their performance.
- Adhere to and implement sanitation regulations and safety regulations.
- Manage the kitchen team in the head chef's absence.
- Help develop new menu options based on seasonality
- Maintain high standards of sanitation and vegetable washing procedures
- Act with professionalism, respect, integrity, teamwork, excellence and continuous improvement at all times
- Have clear communication with Head Chef regarding any issues that may arise
- Maintain a positive reputation and relationships with guests, the service industry, our neighborhood, and community.
Desired Skill Set and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Science or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar sous chef role, especially high-volume catering-style businesses – plant-based cooking or saucier experience is a plus!
- Strong knowledge of cooking methods, kitchen equipment, and best practices.
- Good time management – if you've worked in a high-volume production position in the past (such as catering) and enjoyed the thrill, then this position is for you.
- Good understanding of Google Suite and restaurant software programs.
- Teamwork-oriented with outstanding leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to not only give feedback, but also receive it and self-recognize areas for growth
- Desire to learn more about plant-based cooking and flavor profiling.
- Contagiously positive and friendly with a “can-do” attitude, high energy level and diligent work ethic
- Goal-oriented, accountable and completes tasks on-time
- Open availability on Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays (and possibly Fridays)
- Understanding of nutrition and passion for clean eating also strongly preferred
We are a mission and values driven company looking for passionate, hardworking, and honest team members. If you think you'd be a good culture fit and are interested in joining our YA•YE family, please email us. We look forward to connecting with you!